Need A Hoteling Solution

percula
Conversationalist

Need A Hoteling Solution

I'm looking at the MR44 / MR46E to build a solution for a small hoteling company.  We have 10 hoteling suites where we would want to create 10 WLANs (1 WLAN for each hoteling suite or customer) from a single MR4x AP.  Can the MR4x series support unto 10 WLANs with each WLAN being assigned to a dedicated VLAN?

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I doubt one MR46 would provide enough coverage for 10 different suites to get a signal.

I would check out the Splash Access hospitality solutions you could use with Meraki MRs to create a more well-rounded solution.

https://www.splashaccess.com/splashaccess-hotel-integration/ 

Have you checked out the MR30H?  With these, you put one in each room.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product/wi-fi/indoor-access-points/mr30h/ 

Philip thank you for your response.  Each hoteling office is 12x12 and there are 10 of these.  I can definitely put multiple out there however am wanting to make sure that if a tenant goes between hotel offices that they are on a dedicated WLAN.  Can the MR46/30 support 10 WLANs?  I want to ensure that each tenant so to speak is on a dedicated air gapped WLAN connected to backend VLAN.  Most APs that I've been researching are limited to 4 WLANs.  To try to be clear each tenant would have their own SSID that would be backed to a dedicated VLAN to keep isolation.

burnz
Getting noticed

Meraki APs can offer up to 15 SSIDs. But why not only span one wifi ssid around the whole area, there is an Option to isolate each client from the others..

percula
Conversationalist

Burnz that would work as well but I don't see how each tenant would be isolated on the same WLAN/SSID.  In our configuration there could be multiple (unto 3 in a hoteling office) and/or a tenant can have multiple offices.  If you can explain more I think I can build a solution with Meraki.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Can the MR46/30 support 10 WLANs?

The Splash Access solution does exactly this (puts each room on its own VLAN) but uses a single SSID.  Nice and clean.

I just requested a demo from Splash Access.  I need to get smarter on the options.  Thank you for all of the help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels