NAT mode: Use Meraki DHCP w/ Traffic Shaping to specific WAN port

LV_MW_MSP
Getting noticed

NAT mode: Use Meraki DHCP w/ Traffic Shaping to specific WAN port

I have a guest and private WIFI setup. Customer wants the guest WIFI going out the backup internet connection.

Can I do this with NAT Mode on the WIFI SSID? I tried putting the 10 network on traffic shaping but it told me that isn't a configured subnet.

If not I will setup a VLAN and bridge it to the MX and do it that way, was just curious if this can be done with NAT Mode on WIFI.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

it all nat to the adres of the AP. so you need to add the ap addresses at preferences to wan2. (i guess your mtunnel will also go traverse wan2)

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Best way I can think of to accomplish this would be to use a dedicated VLAN and subnet for the guest wifi.  Then setup Security Appliance>Traffic Shaping then Flow Preference and Internet Traffic then setup the source subnet as the guest VLAN and protocol, destination, etc as Any and select the preferred WAN1 or WAN2 to direct the traffic. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Ben
A model citizen

As @Adam said, you need a dedicated VLAN and use traffic shaping to point that VLAN towards your WAN2.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels