Multiple splash pages with different usernames and password

SOLVED
AdBurl
Getting noticed

Multiple splash pages with different usernames and password

Good afternoon all, I hope you're well

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (or I've missed the blindingly obvious) but I wasn't able to find anything in the search.

We currently have a splash page setup for guests (portal A) using sign on with Meraki Cloud authentication, which is authenticated by a username and password (username A).  We are now looking at the possibility of setting up an additional portal (portal B) with a separate username/password combination (username B).  Each portal will have it's own SSID which the splash page will be linked to.

My question is how do I tie username A to portal A and username B to portal B.  Or will any user/password combination that is authorised for SSID by able to sign into either portal?  Realistically they are both just giving guest access so that wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be nice for it to seem as though they were differentiated. 

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think this should be possible.   While an MR can only live within one Network in Dashboard and 'Users' are a Network-wide function, you have the ability to control authorization for each SSID separately.   On the User management portal, under Access policy:  select each SSID in turn and check the 'Authorized for SSID' tickbox for the right group of users in each.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Managing_User_Account...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I think this should be possible.   While an MR can only live within one Network in Dashboard and 'Users' are a Network-wide function, you have the ability to control authorization for each SSID separately.   On the User management portal, under Access policy:  select each SSID in turn and check the 'Authorized for SSID' tickbox for the right group of users in each.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Managing_User_Account...

Thanks so much for your reply.  That looks to be exactly what I was looking for.  As soon as I have an opportunity to give it a try I will report back.

AdBurl
Getting noticed

Apologies for the delayed update.  The solution from @GreenMan was exactly what was required and worked perfectly.  Thank you for your help

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels