Miracast and Smart View Not Working via Wireless

Elvis
Conversationalist

Miracast and Smart View Not Working via Wireless

Samsung TV wireless display is suppressed when the TV is on wireless.    I can not see to add the TV from my windows laptop nor my android phone.   Very simple wireless network.

When I hardwire my TV all is fine.   I even connected my tv to my phone (hotspot) and that worked fine.   isolated it to the TV being on the meraki wireless network.

I added the "Direct-"  ssid to white list  - no fix.

5 REPLIES 5
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What bridge mode is in use on the Meraki wireless configuration?  Take a peek at the "Access Control" page.  If it's running in NAT mode for example (the default) then it enforces L2 client isolation by default.  If it's in Bridge mode, make sure L2 isolation isn't enabled.  Try running some packet captures, you should be able to do that on the wired and wireless sides of the AP to narrow down the issue.  If not familiar with what you're looking at with the pcaps, open a quick Meraki Support case from Dashboard for them to assist (and also in case it has nothing to do with bridge modes).

Elvis
Conversationalist

Bridge mode: Make clients part of the LAN

Meraki devices operate transparently (no NAT or DHCP). Wireless clients will receive DHCP leases from a server on the LAN or use static IPs. Use this for wireless clients requiring seamless roaming, shared printers, file sharing, and wireless cameras.

That's the bridge mode.    I'll try to grab some packet captures … thx!

Got it, you're in bridge mode already, and assuming client isolation is turned off (which should be the default).  Before diving into the pcaps, are both clients (the phone and the TV when connected via wireless) both showing up under Network-wide > Clients?  Try running a ping from the AP to the 2 client devices just to confirm there's IP reachability from the AP to both the TV and your phone.  If you look at the Tools tab of the AP and run the ARP table, you can see both your TV (when it's on wireless) and the phone?  And if you look at the Wireless Health on the Connections tab, any reports of any client issues with auth or dns or dhcp or passing traffic?  

Elvis
Conversationalist

I do see them both in clients.   in fact the tv works fine streaming out to the internet.   I have another Samsung tv hardwired in to the same meraki network.   the wireless display on that tv had the same issue until I hard wired it...then magically the wireless display started working.

I can ping the tv.   my phone my laptop and the wireless tv all show up as healthy clients.

Boredneil
New here

I found a post that fixed the problem for me.

In the Air Marshall, add an entry for Matches Wildcard and put the value of 'DIRECT-*' (without quotes).  This solved my problem with miracast.   If you look in the WLAN-autoconfig logs, the miracast tries to connect with a SSID that begins with DIRECT-.   I hope this helps someone out because it caused me a bunch of headaches.

Check the WLAN-autoconfig to see if the same SSID beginning is being used.

Neil

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels