Migration access points

RG
Here to help

Migration access points

Hi everyone

I have to migrate some access points from one dashboard to another completely new and different, I would like to know the considerations and recommendations.

Thank you in advance 

Best Regards.

RG

4 REPLIES 4
Network-dad
A model citizen

You should be able to just go to organization>Inventory and un-claim the AP's you want to move then re-claim in your new ORG... This will move the ap you will have to reach out to support to move the license I believe if it can be done. 

2019-11-14 12_38_44-Window.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Network-dad
A model citizen

@RG Just found this, Should have all the answers you need. https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_Betwee...

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is going to a "brand new" organisation then contact Meraki support and say you want to do an "org split".  They can move the devices, licences and associated config in one hit for you.  Note this can not go into an existing org.  The process creates a brand new org.

Otherwise as said, you need to unclaim and reclaim the APs.  You must be an adminstrator of both orgs.  Then you pen a case with Meraki support and request to transfer specific licences.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

In addition to everyone above. If you need to maintain any of the configuration on these APs, write it down beforehand. They will lose all config when being moved from one org to another.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels