Migrating out of NAT Mode

SMANNE
New here

Migrating out of NAT Mode

How do we migrate wireless clients from Meraki DHCP(NAT Mode) to an internal DHCP server(Bridge Mode) seamlessly? Any Suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @SMANNE , thinking about this as I type.  The process should be seamless enough:

- create your new L3 interface on your core switch (unless using an existing vlan)

- on the SSID in question switch to bridge mode and enter the vlan tag

- any client connected should re-connect and pick up a new Ip in the new range

you could test by spinning up a new SSID and test the process 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

What will happen to the unexpired Meraki DHCP leases? Will clients wait until the current Meraki DHCP expire?

I just wanted to make the transition smooth, I thought of reducing the meraki dhcp timer to lowest but that's not an option.

In this case, I'm moving out of the DHCP to a third-party platform not on the Meraki if that makes any difference.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When clients disconnect from the SSID (when the mode is changed) they will then reconnect and request a new DHCP IP address.  You don't have to worry about the existing lease expiring.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels