Mesh establishing problem

BogdanG
Conversationalist

Mesh establishing problem

I made step by step configuration for Mesh, especial with setting same Chanel band manual for 5GHz and when I check in RF tab my APs don't see each other in line described: mesh neighbors

I'm trying establish mesh between MR18 and MR33

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you leave the APs connected to a wired connection first for 30 minutes?  It can take a while for their configuration to "bake in" the first time.

Also I would avoid using two AP's which such a big technology jump between them.  I can see that adding another whole set of complications.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure how far apart they are but I had to use a combination of directional antennae and omni to get mine to mesh.  I think I did directional for the 5Ghz and Omni for the 2.4.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
BogdanG
Conversationalist

Well. the problem has been solved without my extra action. After all I decided to check this feature disconnecting LAN in MR18 . The result was positive. The mesh after configuration was working without any information about mesh neighbors, after about 2 hours dashboard were refreshed and finally display mesh neighbor and information about connection quality.

Maybe the time gap between MR18 and new MR33 is quite big, but it's working - good job Meraki

PS 

Throughout between them is established speed equal about 73 Mbps so it's true what Meraki claim thet Mesh connection is about 50% of maximum APs throughput. (MR18 is N Type AP)

Thanks for trying to help me

Regards

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels