Merkai MR-55 - QoS on Source Port

itdept113
New here

Merkai MR-55 - QoS on Source Port

Hi Meraki,

We are in the middle of deploying Microsoft Teams throughout or organisation. We are trying to setup QoS on our access points to support Teams QoS requirement. Link below from Microsoft.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/qos-in-teams#choose-initial-port-ranges-for-each-med...

Teams defines it's client side traffic port ranges based on source ports. However, the Meraki dashboard does not allow you to setup a QoS rule based on source poorts, only destination ports.

Please can you develop the support of QoS rules based on source ports?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

So you have to think of this in two directions.

UPLINK - Traffic from your client to the AP
DOWNLINK - Traffic from your AP to your client

Downlink is where Meraki can apply QoS, so destination port is accurate in this case.

Uplink is 100% controlled by the client side, so there is nothing Meraki can do in this case. If the client is sending traffic correctly marked with the QoS value your looking for then your good to go by default on that front.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm pretty sure Microsoft Teams has an option you can enable to have it DSCP mark the traffic.  According to this article I found using Google you can configure a GPO to do this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/qos-in-teams-clients 

Then just act on the DSCP markings using your Meraki kit.  A lot of the time you will have to do barely anything, because it will treat DSCP marked packets appropriately.

Yeah, that's only for Windows 10. I'm also using Teams on iOS, Android and MacOS.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels