Meraki splash page not shown with Sophos hotspot activated for other APs

SOLVED
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Meraki splash page not shown with Sophos hotspot activated for other APs

Hi all,

I have a strange problem after recently setting up a Guest SSID for us with Meraki... Worked perfectly until the time I set the same SSID on our Sophos AccessPoints. Same location, different building.

Hope I can explain it in a way you can understand it.

Setup:

Sophos Firewall

Sophos AccessPoints

Meraki AccessPoints

Meraki Switches

Both, Meraki and Sophos APs, bridge Guest clients into vlan 30. And got the same SSID name.

On Meraki side there is a Splash Page configured for the SSID. 

On Sophos side there is a Splash page (called Hotspot) for the Sophos Guest SSID. 

To get the access working on sophos APs, I needed to bind the vlan 30 to the Sophos Hotspot. Since then Meraki wasn´t able to show up its own splash page for the clients. --> Just a blank page with the firewalls vlan gateway IP.

Removing the binding to the sophos hotspot fixes this problem.

Well my thoughts were, to change the Meraki ssid access control to "direct access" instead of splash page. So the Sophos splash page will be shown. But it is not, still the blank page, for users connected to Meraki APs.

Has anyone an idea why?

At the moment I only see to use different vlans for the SSIDs, but this means some work, and I still couln´t understand why I would need to do so.

If screenshots help or more informations I will provide them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

ok, big fail from our side...

L3 firewall rules were set to "deny-any local" for Guest wifi. unfortunatelly that also blocked the captive portal of Sophos.

I assumed it would not.

After allowing the FW IP in this vlan it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

ok, big fail from our side...

L3 firewall rules were set to "deny-any local" for Guest wifi. unfortunatelly that also blocked the captive portal of Sophos.

I assumed it would not.

After allowing the FW IP in this vlan it works.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels