Meraki model MR33 ,MR42 and MR 53 Series

Solved
jomfra
Comes here often

Meraki model MR33 ,MR42 and MR 53 Series

hello Support,

I both two version of Meraki MR 33 ,MR 42 and MR53 series .

I  humbly seek some guildance on how to configure the three verion to use pppoe connection.

I connect to the meraki cloud and  was able to do all the other configuration but I cannot find how to do configure a pppoe connection.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That means you want to connect the AP directly to the ISP without a Firewall/router doing the PPPoE? This is not a supported use-case.

You can (which has to be enabled by support and I never tried it) do a client-side-PPPoE-connection, but I don't think that this is what you want:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Support_for_PPPoE_on_Cisco_Mera...

I think you have to place a dedicated device in front of the AP to build the PPPoE connection.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

PPPoE is not typically used on an access-point. And obviously, you already have connected them "the normal" way to your network. What do you want to achieve with PPPoE?

jomfra
Comes here often

Hello  Karstenl,

Sorry to mislead you in my orginal post we are using two telco providers to deploy the meraki devices.

One of the telco only use pppoe for internet connection and this were the issue arise.

The other telco use "normal connection" hence we are able to deploy the meraki devices okay for these locations.

Regards

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That means you want to connect the AP directly to the ISP without a Firewall/router doing the PPPoE? This is not a supported use-case.

You can (which has to be enabled by support and I never tried it) do a client-side-PPPoE-connection, but I don't think that this is what you want:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Support_for_PPPoE_on_Cisco_Mera...

I think you have to place a dedicated device in front of the AP to build the PPPoE connection.

jomfra
Comes here often

Hello Karstenl,

Thanks the information, I will have to talk with my telco to ask they change the method of connecting it makes no sense in placing a dedicated device just to pppoe connection (7 locations)

Thank once agian for you valuable input.

Regards

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you only need wireless behind one internet connection it's usually better to use an MX appliance (which can do PPPoE) that has wireless on board MX67W.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels