Meraki alternatives for Cisco Antenna's

SOLVED
KarlDorme
Here to help

Meraki alternatives for Cisco Antenna's

Hello,

I'm just wondering if any has a overview of the Meraki alternatives for the cisco antenna's

We have a building with cisco 28xx access points and we would like to replace these with Meraki, but I'm trying to find the best alternative on Meraki to replace the antenna's

AIR-ANT2524DW-R  => MA-ANT-3-B(6)

AIR-ANT2566P4W-R => I think MA-ANT-3-E6  ?
AIR-ANT2566D4M-R => ???? 

AIR-ANT2535SDW-R => I think MA-ANT-3-A6

Anyone an idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

There’s no exact replacements, and the actual model numbers will vary depending on the Meraki access point you’re using. Assuming you are planning to use an MR46E then…

AIR-ANT2524DW-R  => MA-ANT-3-B6

Just as you concluded, the are dipoles with an articulated joint.

AIR-ANT2566P4W-R => MA-ANT-3-E6

The Azimuth/Horizontal half power beam width is about half on the Meraki antenna compared with the Cisco one, so you may need some coverage re-work depending on the existing AP placement.   It may be that the C6/D6 (Omni panel) models are a better replacement if the Cisco antennas are ceiling mounted radiating downward.

AIR-ANT2566D4M-R => MA-ANT-3-E6

These will be pretty much the same. The F6 has a narrower beam width (about half that of the E6), so stay with the E6 for the closet match.

Spot on, these are non-articulated dipoles.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I’m not sure, but I remembered I saved this post and it may be helpful: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Meraki-Supported-Antenna-Chart/m-p/128264#M17956

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

There’s no exact replacements, and the actual model numbers will vary depending on the Meraki access point you’re using. Assuming you are planning to use an MR46E then…

AIR-ANT2524DW-R  => MA-ANT-3-B6

Just as you concluded, the are dipoles with an articulated joint.

AIR-ANT2566P4W-R => MA-ANT-3-E6

The Azimuth/Horizontal half power beam width is about half on the Meraki antenna compared with the Cisco one, so you may need some coverage re-work depending on the existing AP placement.   It may be that the C6/D6 (Omni panel) models are a better replacement if the Cisco antennas are ceiling mounted radiating downward.

AIR-ANT2566D4M-R => MA-ANT-3-E6

These will be pretty much the same. The F6 has a narrower beam width (about half that of the E6), so stay with the E6 for the closet match.

Spot on, these are non-articulated dipoles.

Hope this helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels