Meraki Wireless

Fernando_FSP
Conversationalist

Meraki Wireless

I have a problem

I want to add an access point.the following message appears

Cannot add an FCC (US) regulatory domain to a IFETEL (MX) regulatory domain network. Add to a new network or contact Meraki support.

I followed this document

it did not work

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/MR_Wireless_Regulatory_Domains

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you are going to need to open a case with Meraki support.

The ITU are planning to make it mandatory for all APs to have GPS capability, so the user, rightly in this particular instance, has no control over which regulatory domain the AP is configured for.

Out in the wild, this is a real problem and cowboy installers have been known to configure APs to be in certain domains which have no limitations on the use of locally proscribed portions of the spectrum.

5 GHz Spectrum Contention - EU5 GHz Spectrum Contention - EU

In some regulatory domains the frequencies reserved for licensed fixed networks are available for use by APs (if they have devices that can be encouraged to use those channels 141 - 161).

I have a small working paper that anybody contemplating further investment in 5 GHz technologies will probably find helpful; it also describes the implementation issues to be addresses if using certain types of QAM. It could be made available if required.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Do you have APs deployed in Mexico and in the US in the same network?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels