Meraki Sentry Wifi Network

HeliIT
Conversationalist

Meraki Sentry Wifi Network

Setting up an WPA2-Enterprise SSID to utilize Meraki Systems manager (Sentry) to provide authentication for the ssid.  Have it working fine but I'm having an issue with the network not connecting before the user logs in.  I can manually connect the network before logging in and everything works fine but on log out or reboot I have to connect before logging back in.  

This is a Windows environment.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That will be because the certificate is a "user" certificate.  The certificate is used to authenticate to the network.

Until someone logs in the machine does not have access to the user certificate to authenticate.  As you can imagine, it also can't guess who will be logging in.

HeliIT
Conversationalist

Is there a better way to set up the SSID?  Right now the main prod network is just PSK.  I want to move it to a more secure network with the network login pushed out via the system manager if possible.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki Sentry approach is very secure - and easy.

After that, if you have Active Directory then moving to WPA2-Enterprise mode is best.  But there is a lot of work getting it setup.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels