Meraki MX Licenses--Confusion

Mohammad
Getting noticed

Meraki MX Licenses--Confusion

Hi Champs,

I am planning to Buy two MX and planning to implement in Active and Standby, but confuse with Licensing part, should i go with 2 licenses for separate box are should i go with 1 licenses for active and no license on standby?

Please help!

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

You should only need one MX license if you are just going to configure it in a warm spare or Active and Standby.

hope this helps.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

Thanks Den for your prompt response!

can i configure in Active /Active also with One license or required 2 separate licenses?

Hi,

Meraki only support warm spare set-up so Active/Active is not supported at the moment. Once you remove the spare MX and place it into a different network, it will require a license.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

Thanks Mate for simple clarifications!

Any specific reason not supporting Active/Active Scenario in MX, due to  ASIC or hardware limitations for any other things?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels