Meraki MR74-HW External Antenna quantity help requirmed?

Mohammad
Getting noticed

Meraki MR74-HW External Antenna quantity help requirmed?

Guys,

Just need one quick help!

I am planning to but Meraki MR74-HW   one quantiy, please let me know how many quantity of external antenna required to purchase  with one MR74-HQ

MA-ANT-20

for examplale MR74-HW (1 Quantity) and MA-ANT-20 how many quantity ?

6 REPLIES 6
Julian
Getting noticed

Hi, MA-ANT-20 are two Antennas, for the MR74-HW you need 4, then you need 2x MA-ANT-20

Regards

Thanks Julian for your prompt response!

Is it mandatory to go with 4 Antenna for MR74 or we can go with 2 antenna also with 1 MR74 Hardware also?

Hi, check that post, you have a good explanation about the antennas

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/MR84-and-dual-band-antennas-vs-MR74/td-p/53424

Regards

Thanks Julian for this informative information.

Do u have experience with Meraki Wireless AP with External Antennas, Same like in my scenario Access Point with 2 External Antennas of Dual band Scenario Working fine, or should i go with 4 antenna every time with External Model of Meraki?

In Simple, Should i go with 2 External Antennas or 4 Maximum Antennas with Meraki MR74 Model, any difference?

It is mandatory to go with 2 External Antennas or 4 Maximum Antennas with Meraki MR74 Model, any difference?

Hi, I always used with the 4 Antennas, I don't know if is a mandatory, try opening a case to the meraki support, they can confirm it.

Regards
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels