Meraki MR Trunk bridgeing?

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Meraki MR Trunk bridgeing?

Hello, does anybody have experience with multi VLAN (trunk) bridgeing with Meraki MR´s?

I have some very very old Cisco AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 Accesspoints in a park to connect multiple VLANs with WLAN to amount of sales boothes.

I need to replace the Accesspoints with modern Cisco Meraki MR accesspoints, but I don´t know how to do.

In the end clients with different VLANS (VLAN tags on the switchports) are connected to an switch, the switch is connected to an accesspoint (trunk), the accesspoints are building an (multi VLAN / trunk)-bridge to an other accesspoint which is also conneced to an switch and this switch is connectd to the network backbone. So is it working now with the old Cisco AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9.

Can I solve this with Meraki MR´s? It´s not really meshing?

thank you

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I did not understand the whole question, but look at this:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/VLAN_Tagging_on_MR_Access_Points#...

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Extending_the_LAN_with_a_Wireles...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

maybe a picture describes it better:

IMG_1191.jpg

Wireless bridges running version 27.X or below only support a single VLAN. If support for multiple subnets is a requirement for the deployment, a layer 3-capable device will be required. MR repeaters will only send/receive untagged traffic on its wired interface regardless of the configuration of the SSID in use.

Starting 28.1, Multi-vlan support was added.

By extension, wired clients across the mesh link do not support the use of VLANs applied by Group Policies.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels