Meraki M33 with Unifi Nano HD

SOLVED
Tormedhammeren
Conversationalist

Meraki M33 with Unifi Nano HD

Hi.

I have one UniFI Nano HD in a really big storage. This is not enough, and I have two Meraki M33's I'm going to set up this week. Is there any way for me to connect these to the Unifi so that it becomes one network?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Revoliño
Here to help

Let's begin that using different access points from different manufacturers isn't an ideal situation when using those in one network. But it is possible.

If you use the UniFi and the two MR33's only as a wireless bridge, you can create a big network by using the same SSID on all three access points. With good preparation in location (not too close or too far from each other) and configuration (not too high tx power for example) you can make these three access points working great together. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Revoliño
Here to help

Let's begin that using different access points from different manufacturers isn't an ideal situation when using those in one network. But it is possible.

If you use the UniFi and the two MR33's only as a wireless bridge, you can create a big network by using the same SSID on all three access points. With good preparation in location (not too close or too far from each other) and configuration (not too high tx power for example) you can make these three access points working great together. 

You'll also need to disable the security features on both platforms, or they will both see each other as rogues and attacking.  Depending on your settings they may actively disconnect clients on the other manufacturers APs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels