Meraki Insight Licensing

Solved
Riser
Getting noticed

Meraki Insight Licensing

Hi all,

Assuming that I have 2 networks, Network A, & C. There is a full VPN tunnel from Network A to Network C.
How many MI licenses will I need to configure on Network A to gain web app health visibility on Network C? Do I need a license on both networks, A & C, or only a single license on network A?

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hey,

If you only need traffic statistics from your spoke site clients then you only need to enable insight on the spoke network as the hub site will not gather data for remote sites.

Here is an excerpt from the documentation on this topic:

MXs that are acting as Auto VPN Hubs will not be able to analyze traffic arriving over the VPN from Spoke sites. To gather data about traffic from Auto VPN Spoke sites, Insight must be enabled on the spoke MX. Finally, traffic originating from the WAN, such as that destined for an onsite web server will not be tracked.

I hope this helps 😉

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hey,

If you only need traffic statistics from your spoke site clients then you only need to enable insight on the spoke network as the hub site will not gather data for remote sites.

Here is an excerpt from the documentation on this topic:

MXs that are acting as Auto VPN Hubs will not be able to analyze traffic arriving over the VPN from Spoke sites. To gather data about traffic from Auto VPN Spoke sites, Insight must be enabled on the spoke MX. Finally, traffic originating from the WAN, such as that destined for an onsite web server will not be tracked.

I hope this helps 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels