Meraki DHCP WITHOUT Isolation

jbNewMill
Here to help

Meraki DHCP WITHOUT Isolation

Is there an option to use Meraki DHCP without isolation? I currently only see "NAT Mode" as the option to use Meraki's internal DHCP, but that isolates clients from each other. 

Thanks, 

4 Replies 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I don't believe there is an option to disable isolation.  But if you don't care about the isolation then you can just make a normal VLAN, subnet, and DHCP server then just set the SSID to 'Bridge mode: Make clients part of the LAN' and then turn on VLAN tagging and assign the VLAN ID.  What is your use case on this?  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Thanks

I don't necessarily want to disable isolation on NAT mode (because we use that for a guest network). I was instead seeing if there was another mode that utilized Meraki DHCP without isolation.

I'm configuring a mobile presentation room with printer, smart TV (for casting), and other wirelessly connected resources that employees, vendors, and other third party presenters can use. I have an existing Meraki WAP array being used for work devices (workstations, printers, etc.) that I want to piggy-back off of. However, I didn't want to have to configure a separate VLAN and and DHCP server. I was hoping that the Meraki WAPs had this capability built in.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@jbNewMill I see what you are trying to do.  I requested the same thing early on so I wouldn't have to set up my own DHCP.  Sadly it doesn't exist.  Their DHCP is primarily designed for isolation although if it is on the same VLAN as the printer, smart TV etc then you can probably set up the Layer 7 firewall rules to block access to all LAN devices except the printer/smart TV.  Kind of a workaround if the Smart TV and Printer can be hardwired.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels