Meraki Cloud - Wifi connection with home appliances

victor_rosa
New here

Meraki Cloud - Wifi connection with home appliances

Dear all,

I work in a company that needs to test with wifi connections some home appliances such as air conditioner and TVs among others.

We are having dificulties to use meraki to authenticate with user and password for these devices, since some of them don't support the splash page authentication or because of OS version, can't use the Meraki Cloud Authentication, only displaying the password box when trying to connect to a SSID with this security configuration.

Do you have any other ideas for authenticate these kind of devices with user and password? We've already tested the mac address configuration and it works, but because of the high demand of equipments, it makes really dificult to users to follow the process to request access for Wifi to register the mac address.

Thank you very much!

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems like the easiest option for what you're trying to achieve is simply WPA2 Personal with PSK.

That way your only needing to pick the SSID and type in the password on the device.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked if these devices supports this type of authentication? If they not support it, you have to use a WPA2 with PSK.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels