Meraki AP with other Firewall - fortigate, unifi etc.

jvelasco
Here to help

Meraki AP with other Firewall - fortigate, unifi etc.

Hello, 

I hope someone could help me. We are replacing our MX64 firewall with other firewall as we need to take advantage of 1gbps ISP connection. 

Will there be a problem? Can we still manage the AP in the meraki cloud? By the way, MR is connected to MS switches. 

Are there any features that we will missed if if we do not use the MR along with the MX? 

2 Replies 2
bbc
Conversationalist

As long as you have internet connectivity, you will be fine without the MX. You can still manage your APs in the Meraki dashboard. 

Just ensure your uplink between the MS switch and new firewall is configured properly, primarily on the Firewall side since the MS is already in place. 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @jvelasco , as @bbc states, you’ll be fine. Just as long as you replicate the features and services your MX was providing to the new firewall then normal service will resume.

Youll need to ensure that you open up the relevant ports on your new firewall to allow the Meraki devices to speak out to the cloud.  This information can be found on n the Dashboard under Help > Firewall Info

02DEDB75-F414-4348-B527-E331A3B37920.png

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels