Meraki AP to support AES-CCMP 256?

alextctlt
New here

Meraki AP to support AES-CCMP 256?

Hi team,

sorry for the wide distribution. My customer is asking for APs that support AES-CCMP 256 encryption. As far as I can tell there are only a handful of WiFi companies that are able to achieve this. To be more precise, they are looking at the FIPS 140-2 standards BUT is only requiring the AES-CCMP 256 encryption portion.

Thanks

2 Replies 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hello @alextctlt, Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I'd recommend reaching out to your local Meraki Sales rep (Help>Get help - within dashboard) who'll be able to assist with answering.

I'm sure if you open a support case they'll also be able to get in touch with an SE/PM who'll be able to provide you an answer.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As I understand it, 802.11i WPA2 mandates exactly AES128.

I believe WPA3 802.11ax mandates AES192.

To get to AES256 you need a solution that supports Suite-B, such as a Cisco WLC solution.  Note that Suite-B while still in common use is no longer considered secure for the long term due to quantum computing.

I'm thinking that if you have a specific need for Suite-B that Meraki is probably not the correct choice for you, as you probably have some other requirements as well.

Also note you will need Suite-B compliant WiFi clients.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels