Meraki AP Not Connect Gateway - Version 26.2

SOLVED
sander_hudson
Here to help

Meraki AP Not Connect Gateway - Version 26.2

I have some AP Meraki, which get failed alarms in connection with gateway. I've done the hard reset (some work)

Procedure:

delete from Network

delete from inventory

unclaim

claim

Screenshot_13.pngThe AP apparently goes offline for 4 minutes.

But it doesn't work, I have authentication with ISE, which by knowledge, does not authenticate. I checked the reservations and registrations at ISE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have AP, which are on the same switch. The flow of users is very large, so I don't know if the internet is missing. but now that I've read BugFix, I want to upgrade. but with a risk to ASCOM Mobile Phones (which in the community already have reports that they had to downgrade to work)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would try upgrading to 26.4.  26.3 in particular had a lot of bug fixes.

dd.jpegIt may be, but my site, in many APs, is 140 AP in the same version. But in recent weeks, new Aps get this BUG. In other sites of my Organization I do not have this problem.

That screenshot shows them running 25.x firmware - a completely different release.

25.x realeases are other sites in the organization.
I have some ASCOM devices on my site. that only worked with this uppgrade 26.x;
but I think I'll upgrade to 26.3 (I read the bug list)

Raj66
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@sander_hudson Interesting to see this happening on multiple APs, Since this is happening frequently, If the APs are connected to Meraki switches, Can you take a packet capture on the switchport where the APs are connected and check what is happening between the AP and the gateway during that time?

You might want to use the APs mac address as the filter to avoid all other broadcast traffic from filling out the capture. Filter: ether host x<AP mac address>.

Also, I have seen similar instances happening when the APs are trying to upgrade their firmware and failing. Worth opening a case with Meraki support and confirm there are no issues with a firmware upgrade or something like that.

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Lagcat
Getting noticed

are users reporting disconnects on these 3/4 minutes of loss?

what is the online time between the offline (if that makes sense)?

AP numbers 36 & 37 are they on the same switch as the rest?

only because these are remaining online....

I have AP, which are on the same switch. The flow of users is very large, so I don't know if the internet is missing. but now that I've read BugFix, I want to upgrade. but with a risk to ASCOM Mobile Phones (which in the community already have reports that they had to downgrade to work)

Hey guys, fix it. Downgrade version 25.x 

all done. But study the case for upgrade 26.x (the bug list is interesting) 

regards

Entao, se algum amigo de profissão chegou até aqui. Conselho faça um downgrade. 
Mas estude o caso para fazer o upgrade para 26.x (o bug list é extenso, até uma vergonha a Cisco liberar um equipamento com tanto ajustes )

enfim.

all Done.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels