Maximum 3000 clients blocked by Group Policy

BorjaGarcia11
Comes here often

Maximum 3000 clients blocked by Group Policy

Hello,

I am developing a tool via API for our Cybersecurity team in order to detect non-allow clients connected to our SSIDs via PSK and then, block it automatically if they do not reach some requisites, like "Manufacturer" BUT, right now we reached the max of 3000 clients blocked by Policy because the team did it manually for the last year.

There is any way to see the entire list of these blocked devices and "clean" it? I want to delete old devices so that there is no longer a need to block and make room for new ones.

The dream would be to have control of this list and put some automatic deletion by date (If the device was blocked 2 months ago and I didn't see it connected since then, delete it from the list)

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can list clients with this API:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#!get-network-clients

But on the example body, I just saw a groupPolicy8021x, so maybe it won't help you.

For the second question, the answer is no, there is not a native feature on the dashboard to automate it, maybe with API.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello! Thanks for the reply but in this case, the groupPolicy8021x doesn't help me.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From the dashboard you can filter on the "blocked" group policy.

PhilipDAth_0-1669661400848.png

You could look at using this API to get the group policies by client.  Note this uses pagination, so you have to setup to process multiple pages.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-policies-by-client 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels