Maps show okay except for with clients

MisG
New here

Maps show okay except for with clients

Hi all. 

I have set up a floor plan and entered our address. It shows properly in maps and floorplans (though I have to click the floorplan each time as it defaults to satellite only) and in heatmap, but when I click on a client, it defaults to Africa. And I can't get my floorplan at all on this screen.  What am I missing? Screenshots below. Thanks in advance.

MisG_0-1664546146001.png

MisG_1-1664546165940.png

MisG_2-1664546186701.png

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you configured the address on access points?

alemabrahao_0-1664546418136.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the suggestion. No, had not done that and could not find where to do so previously so thanks for the screenshot. Have entered the street address for all of them but it still shows Africa for the clients. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh, I got It, you have to search It on map manually.

alemabrahao_0-1664552182278.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Is this happening with all types of devices? I did some tests with Windows 10 client and for me this is ok, it could be a bug.

Yeah, you'd think that would work, but no. Clicking MAP and going to the proper continent and area, absolutely nothing is there. Thanks so much for helping.

MisG_0-1664552867913.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe It can help you:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Location_Deployment_Guidelines

MisG
New here

Types of devices - thanks for the suggestion. Seems to work okay for devices on certain ssids (school owned ones that don't move) but not for personal devices (phones and chromebooks) that authenticate through radius. I'd only been looking at kid devices that move so hadn't noticed. Thanks for pointing that out. The personal windows devices don't show properly, either, so thinking it has something to do with how the ssid is set up. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

MisG
New here

Thanks for the link. Wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped. Location works for different ssid with chromebooks that move so thinking it is ssid related, method of authentication maybe. But you helped me narrow it down. Thanks!

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, technically you don't need to perform a specific configuration on SSID. So I assumed if you place APs on MAP It should have work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels