MX-68 CW Antenna Pattern

AshwiniY1628
Conversationalist

MX-68 CW Antenna Pattern

Hello ,

Can any one help me with the wireless antenna pattern for MX-68 CW Device.

Thanks in advance !

4 Replies 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AshwiniY1628 : Check this out if it helps

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX68CW-4G-external-antenna/td-p/59251

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I’ve never seen a radiation pattern for the MX-W devices. My assumption has always been that it is roughly spherical to the extent that it really matters - but I may be completely wrong. What are you trying to do that you need to know this?

@Bruce 

We are planning to use MX-64 CW wireless feature for wireless users on site , instead of implementing separate single access point. However, i am unaware about the coverage area pattern for the same like we have pattern for other MRs.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I would recommend that you set up your device and do a wireless survey of the site to see if it provides the coverage you desire. The coverage from the MX-W devices is okay, but not as great as the MRs. The MX-W devices are only Wifi5, and you can’t really move the MX to the ‘ideal position to achieve the best coverage’, more often you are stuck with where the WAN service is delivered and other Ethernet cables connect to the MX. If you’re only talking a handful of users and the site is unlikely to grow then the MX-W may be the go, but I’d seriously consider a non-W MX with an MR, and a small PoE switch if you need it (or the MX68 which has two PoE ports).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels