MTBF for MR46, MR56 and MR86

Jbarb
Conversationalist

MTBF for MR46, MR56 and MR86

Hi,

Where can I find the MTBF for MR46, MR56 and MR86? This information is not on the datasheet.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Jbarb the MTBF should be 450,000 hours across all 3 of those models, will confirm and let you know.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

While @MerakiDave is most likely correct (he's great with getting us answers here on the community!) the "official" way to get these numbers is to simply call support and ask. They'll happily provide you with MTBF numbers for any Meraki device. 

Jbarb
Conversationalist

Hi jdsilva,

My first approach was to open a case on Cisco Meraki Support. But the reply was "Unfortunately, this is not something that support can provide. You should be able to get this information from your account manager (help -> Get help)".

Since it was urgent (just needed that to close the answer to an RFP) I have used the MTBF indicated by MerakiDave.

Best regards

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

It seems either something changed or you got a support person that didn't know they could provide them. I have for sure in the past got these numbers from support. 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/MTBF-MR74-and-MR53/m-p/50833#M7771

@Jbarb just closing the loop on this, I circled back with the MR team and the MTBF values have been added into the data sheets maybe a week or two ago.

MR36: Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 174,300 hrs at +25°C operating temperature
MR46: Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 1,406,652 hrs at +25°C operating temperature
MR46E: Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 1,328,360 hrs at +25°C operating temperature
MR56: Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 1,315,498 hrs at +25°C operating temperature

Jbarb
Conversationalist

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels