MR86 with MA-ANT-25 antennas

SOLVED
antmich
Here to help

MR86 with MA-ANT-25 antennas

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy MR86 APs with MA-ANT-25 antennas. These antennas are said to be dual-band. Does that mean that I can connect only one antenna to my MR86 with one connector in 2.4GHz and one in 5GHz ? Would that be an issue ?

Thank you for your help,

antmich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inderdeep
Head in the Cloud

Re: MR86 with MA-ANT-25 antennas

@antmich MR86 APs have four dual-band antenna ports (and therefore do not have 2.4 or 5GHz labels).  None of these ports should be left unconnected because all four ports will always be active even if one radio is disabled. MR86 APs should have all four antenna ports connected, and with the same type of antennas with the same orientation.

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Inderdeep
Head in the Cloud

@antmich MR86 APs have four dual-band antenna ports (and therefore do not have 2.4 or 5GHz labels).  None of these ports should be left unconnected because all four ports will always be active even if one radio is disabled. MR86 APs should have all four antenna ports connected, and with the same type of antennas with the same orientation.

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

antmich
Here to help

@Inderdeep thank you very much ! It totally answers my question.

Inderdeep
Head in the Cloud

@antmich : Good Luck !

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.