MR66 this network has been disabled

Solved
Daniel1
New here

MR66 this network has been disabled

Hello,

I have used 2 Meraki MR66 and some months ago I have this message "This network has been disabled" from the site https://n30.network-auth.com.

The wifi connections shows that I'm connected to the wifi network but i cannot acces any website, and I have no idea what could be wrong.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The Meraki License has expired.  Go to Organization > License Info in your Dashboard organization, you'll be able to see any license(s) that were applied to the organization, when they were applied and how long they were good for.  There is always a 1:1 relationship between a piece of Meraki hardware and the cloud license.  The license is required, and is all-inclusive so it gives you access to configure and maintain the equipment, 24x7 access to support, access to all new firmware and feature updates, 1 year warranty on your outdoor APs (lifetime on indoor APs) and advance hardware replacement for RMAs.  Licenses come in 1/3/5/7/10 year terms. 

You should have received LOTS of Dashboard banners and email warnings to all organization admins as the license expiration was approaching, and when the license actually expires there is a 30 day grace period (during which time there's a bunch more Dashboard banners and alert emails) and then eventually the devices get moved to a shutdown network and won't pass Internet traffic which is why you cannot access web sites through those APs.  Your configurations should still be there so once the licensing state is restored it'll all come back up as before.  When you buy a pair of AP licenses for your 2 MR66s, you'll just go to the License Info page, add a new license, and select the "renew my dashboard license" option.  Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The Meraki License has expired.  Go to Organization > License Info in your Dashboard organization, you'll be able to see any license(s) that were applied to the organization, when they were applied and how long they were good for.  There is always a 1:1 relationship between a piece of Meraki hardware and the cloud license.  The license is required, and is all-inclusive so it gives you access to configure and maintain the equipment, 24x7 access to support, access to all new firmware and feature updates, 1 year warranty on your outdoor APs (lifetime on indoor APs) and advance hardware replacement for RMAs.  Licenses come in 1/3/5/7/10 year terms. 

You should have received LOTS of Dashboard banners and email warnings to all organization admins as the license expiration was approaching, and when the license actually expires there is a 30 day grace period (during which time there's a bunch more Dashboard banners and alert emails) and then eventually the devices get moved to a shutdown network and won't pass Internet traffic which is why you cannot access web sites through those APs.  Your configurations should still be there so once the licensing state is restored it'll all come back up as before.  When you buy a pair of AP licenses for your 2 MR66s, you'll just go to the License Info page, add a new license, and select the "renew my dashboard license" option.  Hope that helps!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels