MR55 installation orientation

SOLVED
farm8863
Conversationalist

MR55 installation orientation

Since the MR55 has a dedicated 3rd radio for location tracking does it need to be installed in the same orientation (facing the same wall) like the mr 84 that has the arrow on it for installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hmm...I must have missed something. What arrow to the wall are you talking about for the MR84?

I've never seen anything on any Meraki AP that referenced having to aim it or orient it in a certain direction for the location analytics.

I doubt it matters for the MR55, since its all omni-directional
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Installation_Guides/MR55_Installation_Guide

Check this doc. Look for "Installation Instructions" 😊 it should have different scenarios.

Enthusiast
farm8863
Conversationalist

I have read this and it doesn't speak to specific orientation so I guess there isn't an orientation.  thank you for the quick response

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

where did you read the 3rd radio does location tracking?

farm8863
Conversationalist

In the data sheet for mr55 it states location analytics

Hmm...I must have missed something. What arrow to the wall are you talking about for the MR84?

I've never seen anything on any Meraki AP that referenced having to aim it or orient it in a certain direction for the location analytics.

I doubt it matters for the MR55, since its all omni-directional
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

thank you all for your response.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels