MR55 having issues during Roaming

Diburaj
Comes here often

MR55 having issues during Roaming

Hello Team 

I had a deployment with MR42 and we had replaced the models with MR55.

Post to the model change we are hit with below 2 major issues 

1) The roaming between the APs are not seamless and the voice calls get a really bad clarity and some times with no audio with Cisco IP phones 8821

-> We have tested the calls using the other calling applications as well and the behavior seems to be similar ( the roaming of the clients take more time than usual.

-> This behavior is observed mainly  while roaming to and from MR55

-> The signal strength and the RF is checked and there is no issues found.

-> As a part of troubleshooting we have enabled a test SSID and broadcasted only on 2 APs and tried to roam between them, even that time i was recieving the oneway / no audio.

2) Intermittently random MR55 APs are loosing connectivity to the gateway.

-> Can anyone please let me know if any bugs are there related to this .

-> We have tried changing the ports and the cable.

Current versions tried : 26.3 ( factory default)  and  26.6

Did anyone faced similar issues with MR55 models.

Regards

Dibu

8 REPLIES 8
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

The changelog for 26.6.1 mentions: Downstream VOIP RTP Packet Loss (MR42/MR42E/MR52/MR53/MR53E/MR84)

I'd contact the helpdesk to see if it applies to MR55 too and have them recommend which firmware you should use. They'll also help you to downgrade if needed. I know this problem was already listed in 25.10, disappeared for a while but is back now. Not sure what is going on.

Thanks for the prompt response .

I had tried to do the roam between MR42 and MR33 ( test setup created ) which i had a better experience and calls were not having major issues while roaming. 

I am not sure if this is a know issue for this new model.

I am currently going on with a bad experience with MR55.

As recommended by TAC we had disabled the WIFI6 features for both the radios.

I'm having this same issue.  I have updated RF Profiles based on recommendations from support and upgraded to the latest release candidate but the problem is still there.  Are the MR55 just a bad model?

Hardware can be as good as it wants.
As long as there are software issues, the end experience will be bad.

Hello,

We’ve experienced the same problem and have brought it up to Cisco sales and have not had good luck. We have had nothing but problems since we opened our new building with MR55s the roaming is horrible Cisco asks us to try different things change things and it makes things worse.  We have clients get disconnected during the day for unknown reasons. These access points are horrible we want to return them all. We have 555 clients in a huge two story building.  We have worked hours on hours with meraki support and downgraded firmwares, upgraded firmwares, turned off 802.11AX changed settings. No result. If you want a stable network please do not go with this model. 

Does anyone have the case numbers? Support doesn’t believe us. 

Hey Agent_Mulder,

How big is your environment with the MR55

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels