SOLVED
FariziAP
Conversationalist

MR46 Wont Get DHCP IP, IP Stuck at 0.0.0.0

Hello, i am new to cisco meraki.

Currently i got a network like this MX450-->MS410-->>MS225-->>MR46

DHCP Pool on MS410

On MS225 ports : 

Port 1-10 : native vlan 42 (AP Management)

allow vlan all

Port Uplink : native vlan 38 (Switch Management)

allow vlan all

When i connect my laptop to port 1 on MS225, i got vlan 42 dhcp (10.200.42.0/23), and i am connected to internet.

But when i connect MR46 to the same port, MR46 wont fetch DHCP from dhcp server and the LAN IP is stuck at 0.0.0.0 

Can anyone help me?

Thank you before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FariziAP
Conversationalist

Greetings All,

Thank you for all of your advices,

After calling the Cisco Meraki TAC,

This problem is solved by upgrading the MR firmware to MR 27.4, after that the MR46 successfully got IP from DHCP and broadcasting my office SSID.

Cheers! Hope its helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it a completey "fresh" AP? If not, have you tried to reset it first? https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...

Yes its a new AP

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First please check on the MS225 if the port is indeed fully up.(1Gbps and no errors)

Then you should see a Meraki setup SSID appear if your AP is indeed brand new and has never been booted before.

Join that SSID (you should get a 10.x.x.x IP with /8 mask) and browse to http://10.128.128.128.

You should see the local status page and see where it is failing.

If you need to change the uplink config you'll have to login using the serial number of the device as login and a leave password field empty.

FariziAP
Conversationalist

Yes the port is fully up 1Gbps full duplex,

The default Meraki setup SSID is already replaced by my Employye SSID, so it wont come up.

On the AP dashboard my Employye SSID already been broadcasted, but still wont come up on the list of WiFi.

FariziAP_0-1598434612135.png

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I mean check the SSID's with your computer, not on dashboard.

If the AP truly is not online he won't have the config to broadcast the Employee SSID and you would certainly see a Meraki setup SSID.

However if it is actually broadcasting the SSID then it means it actually got connected to the cloud but some data is inconsistent like the LAN IP.

A factory reset by putting a small pin in the sunken button will probably do the trick.

FariziAP
Conversationalist

Greetings All,

Thank you for all of your advices,

After calling the Cisco Meraki TAC,

This problem is solved by upgrading the MR firmware to MR 27.4, after that the MR46 successfully got IP from DHCP and broadcasting my office SSID.

Cheers! Hope its helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels