MR44 wall mounted or MR46E wall mounted

SOLVED
latintrpt
Getting noticed

MR44 wall mounted or MR46E wall mounted

Hello,

I have an area where I cannot mount AP's on the ceiling.  My next option is to mount them on the wall, but I'm looking for a the best recommendation of AP with either the MR44 or MR46E with dipole antenna.  I'm just looking for omni directional coverage in this particular area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@latintrpt if you mount the MR46E flat to the wall you'd use the B antennas, not the A ones.  If you mount the AP on the ceiling or use a bracket so that it sits horizontally, then your use the A ones.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@latintrpt the MR44 coverage is pretty much a sphere and the omni-directional antenna for the MR46E isn't far off.  With the dipole antennas you can have them pointing vertically for wall mounted APs. Just fix them to the wall above head height and you'll be fine.

latintrpt
Getting noticed

Thanks for this information.

I was looking at the two different dipole antennas offered by Meraki:

MA-ANT-3-A - not bendable

MA-ANT-3-B - bendable

You mention vertically pointing the antennas if I place the MR46E on the wall.  Since the MA-ANT-3-A are not bendable, how would this be done?  

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@latintrpt if you mount the MR46E flat to the wall you'd use the B antennas, not the A ones.  If you mount the AP on the ceiling or use a bracket so that it sits horizontally, then your use the A ones.

latintrpt
Getting noticed

Thank you both.  This was very helpful.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I typically would use an omni-AP (also because of the price) and mount it with a kit like the following:

https://www.acceltex.com/shop/universal-ap-l-bracket-wall-mount/

Never used it with the Meraki APs, but as being a "universal" mount, it should also fit.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels