MR36 AP speed showing 100MB instead of 1000mb

kishan
Getting noticed

MR36 AP speed showing 100MB instead of 1000mb

I have installed 2 AP directly to MX with Injector in placed same model and same configs on both, bounded to Template.

One of them showing 1000mb speed on Ethernet 1 of MR and another one showing only 100mb instead if 1000mb.

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What happens if you swap the cables over on the MX does the issue remain?  

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@DarrenOC 
Unfortunately there is not any available port I can try but I can check by directly connected on MX and see ethernet port speed where Mr is connected to.
I believe its by default 1000Mbps always.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @kishan , if both APs are connected directly to the same Mx literally just swap the cables over between ports and see what happens on both ports.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@DarrenOC  Okay will try that one with any spare ports or swap with each other.

thank you 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also make sure that the AP is connected with a high quality cable. Especially with Cat5e I have some cables that only negotiate 100MBit and others go to 1Gig.

And one AP changed from 1Gig to 100M after a couple of years and needed a factory reset.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@KarstenI I'll second that, we've got a couple of APs that keep dropping down to 100Mb/s a few days after a reboot, despite being on shielded CAT6/A structured cabling and patch leads.  I think there are some contacts that need cleaning in the chains, but as our wireless traffic isn't high speed, just lots of users, fixing it isn't a top priority yet... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels