MR34 in constant rainbow cycling

Fantasticmrfox
Comes here often

MR34 in constant rainbow cycling

I have a Meraki MR34 that just won't connect to the Meraki Cloud and is in constant rainbow cycling mode.  It worked before we sent it to the customer - tested it on our network - no issues.  The customer has a Spectrum Router which was tested to ensure it provided Internet Access.  But no go.  We ran it through a POE and then with its own adapter, but no change in behavior.  We even hard reset the device, but still no change.  I am miffed and looking for any insight into what should be an easy installation.

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try a factory reset, the IP information might need flushing. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried performing a factory reset?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

yup...tried....15 seconds pin press

Then there is something on his network that must be blocking communication.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

that's the conclusion I am coming to...The spectrum folks say No, but that and a cup of coffee...you know

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you can access the local status page of the device it will say whats wrong to some degree. But as @alemabrahao suggested something upstream is probably blocking required ports. 

doesn't appear to be broadcasting any SSID to allow us to access the local status page.  My guess is that spectrum has closed down some TCP ports like #443

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels