MR33 loose power

JaeWonYoo
Conversationalist

MR33 loose power

Hi,

I have MR33 directly plugged into MX 65 via POE ports and recently notice MR33 starts to lose power every 4.5 hours. the only thing I can find from event log is that there is a record saying MR33 is disconnected from Firewall(MX65) before reboot.

Since I do not have external power source for MR33, I can't confirm which one is causing the issue.

I already tried switch it to another cable,and different POE ports as well. The symptom still remains. and 4.5hrs sounds very odd.

however, I haven't configured anything special on MX 65 with MR 33 when I was setting them up.

Has anyone experienced and resolved this issue?

3 Replies 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I haven't experienced that but I believe the only way you'll be able to fully isolate the issue is to get a POE injector so you can test the AP using a different POE source.  If it does the same thing then you'll likely need to RMA the AP.  Otherwise could be an issue with the MX POE.  But the MX POE is less likely an issue if you've tried different ports and are not over taxing the POE.  Have you visually seen the power go off on the device?  I wonder if it isn't rebooting or something else that manifests itself like a power issue.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
JaeWonYoo
Conversationalist

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately, I do not have direct access to the devices anymore, but WIFI users complains connectivity issues, so for sure, it is NOT false alarm 🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe a year ago we had a batch of MX65's where about 1 in a hundred of them developed a fault on their PoE ports.

I would be tempted to ask support for an RMA.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels