MR33 doesnt get his configuration while being connected to the dashboard

AurelienPhlpe
New here

MR33 doesnt get his configuration while being connected to the dashboard

Hello,

I have a problem with an MR33 terminal that I can't solve, I did some research but I can't find any problems similar to mine.

Indeed, the terminal does not want to take the configuration assigned to it. Let me explain:

- When I connect to the Device Local Status Page, I see that the terminal has access to the Internet, and has access to the Meraki Cloud.

- When I go to the "Configure" tab and enter the default login and password that is the AP serial number, it does not work. However, I have never assigned a login and password in my configuration template (which the AP did not take into account anyway). In addition, when I want to connect to another AP or switch through this means, it works very well.

- On the other hand, the LED of the AP blinks in a way not listed by the Meraki documentation. It blinks yellow, then pink, then purple, then yellow, etc..

- The AP broadcasts an SSID called simply "meraki", not "meraki-bad gateway" or something like that as one might expect.

- The AP is connected to a Meraki PoE switch, the dashboard recognizes the device as a Meraki device but does not allow any action on it. In other words, he treats him like a lambda client.

- I have tried several times to reset the AP to factory configuration but the problem persists.

If someone has a lead to solve the problem, or an idea of its origin, I am a buyer because I am starting to run out of solutions.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Aurélien

6 REPLIES 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I would open up a case with Meraki and explain what is happening. Might want to RMA that unit and get it replaced.

Enthusiast

That's what I thought too, but I wanted to explore all the options first.

Thank you for your help anyway.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@AurelienPhlpe wrote:

- When I connect to the Device Local Status Page, I see that the terminal has access to the Internet, and has access to the Meraki Cloud.

Does it show it as belonging to a network?

@AurelienPhlpe wrote:

- When I go to the "Configure" tab and enter the default login and password that is the AP serial number, it does not work. However, I have never assigned a login and password in my configuration template (which the AP did not take into account anyway). In addition, when I want to connect to another AP or switch through this means, it works very well.

Just the username is the serial. Leave the password blank.

@AurelienPhlpe wrote:

- On the other hand, the LED of the AP blinks in a way not listed by the Meraki documentation. It blinks yellow, then pink, then purple, then yellow, etc..

That's the "rainbow" LED. It generally means it's trying to do something like DHCP an address, establish a connection to the cloud, or download a config.

Your description sounds to me like the AP is not claimed into a network correctly. Have you added the serial number to your Dashboard and confirmed it's part of a network?

@jdsilva wrote:

@AurelienPhlpe wrote:

Does it show it as belonging to a network?

Your description sounds to me like the AP is not claimed into a network correctly. Have you added the serial number to your Dashboard and confirmed it's part of a network?

It doesn't show it as belonging to a network. To be precise in the "Network Name" section it is indicated "(not set)"

Indeed, I added the serial number to the dashboard and linked it to the network in the same way as I did with my 47 other networks, via a CSV file.

I thought the same thing as you did at one point, so I tried to remove it from his network and reassign it manually. The result was still the same.

@AurelienPhlpe wrote:

Just the username is the serial. Leave the password blank.

Yes, that's what I meant. Excuse me, English is not my mother tongue, so I may have misspoke.

@AurelienPhlpe wrote:

That's the "rainbow" LED. It generally means it's trying to do something like DHCP an address, establish a connection to the cloud, or download a config.

It isn't the rainbow LED. The rainbow LED has many shades of colour that blend together. In my case there are clearly 3 successive colors : yellow, pink, purple.

OK, so it sounds like the hypothesis of it not being in a network is correct, at least from the device's point of view. As you say, the dashboard indicates otherwise. At this point you should call Meraki support. There are some behind the scene reasons why this could be happening, and if it's one of those reasons then you won't be able to fix it yourself. I've had MX64's in very similar states before and Meraki had to fix it on their side. 

Seems like we all agree so i'll call them later. Glad to see that it could be a solution without change the AP. Thanks you very much for your help.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels