MR33 connectivity issue

jbvt
Comes here often

MR33 connectivity issue

Dear Merakiers,

I just have finished a new architecture with some Meraki equipments. Unfortunately, I have big troubles with my deployed SSIDs on MR33.

Randomly, on some terminals, I can't get any IP address, just an APIPA.

I verified DHCP server and the scope is available and not full. With ".pcap" anlysis, the flow seems blocked on the Wifi AP and never come out.

So, I tried to have an SSID in dual-band, dual-band with band-steering, in 5Ghz only, in 2.4 Ghz only... but it didn't changed anything.

The Firmware is MR 25.13.

Have you ever seen these problems before ?

On previous topics, I read same problems resolved by AP upgrade and 2/3 reboots. But, in my case, it did'nt resolved troubles.

So, could you help me to resolve this issue ? 🙂

Thank you in advance,
Julien.

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

So it used to work but then stopped working?

Sometimes It work, sometimes not. It's very random !
We thought it depends on the terminal but it's not, it's just random. You can try to connect to the same SSID 3 times unsuccessfully and succeed the 4th time.
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I would do a complete validation from start to finish.

Are all the access points on ports configured 100% correctly?
Access-Control configured to drop clients onto the correct VLAN?
Check your DHCP server scope, is it maxing out?
IP-Helpers in place etc.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Hi Nolan.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Yes, there are 6 AP configured exactly identical : "trunk port using native VLAN 1; allowed VLANs: 1,2"

We have the same issue with our 2 SSID using VLAN 1 & VLAN 2 : 1x VLAN enterprise and 1x VLAN GUEST

For the DHCP server , that was my first idea but, i confirm, the scope is available and never full (20% used) !

IP-helper is not configured because DHCP is always on the same L2 that the client.

The most stranger is the random side of the situation... This morning, few problems were noticed by users.

Julian
Getting noticed

Hi, some weeks ago we had the same problem with one mr33, we opened a case with support, they did a lot of tests, change of bands, reduce ssids, reboot, firmware. worked some days and failed again. We changed for other mr33 and problem solved, support accepted the rma.

If you have the possibility change it for another to test if is problem of the device, if not rma.

Regards

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels