MR33 Static IP issues

SOLVED
jrsoerensen
Conversationalist

MR33 Static IP issues

Hello

Im trying to setup some mr33s, the problem i am having is that they will not fetch the configuration that i am giving them. under config in the left panel it says

CONFIG
Out of date
(changed 9 minutes ago)

The weird thing is that i have 3 other mr33s on the same switch, with same switch port configuration.
The switch is Meraki as well
I have tried to factory reset both and that didn't work.
DHCP doesn't work either even if i remove the VLAN in the configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MacuserJim
A model citizen

When you say you tried resetting both, I assume you mean the problem MR and the MS that it is connected to? One thing you could try is physically swapping the problem MR with a working MR. If the problem MR continues to be the issue, then you might just need support to RMA it. If the other MR becomes the problem MR then it would point to an issue in the connection, maybe port config issue on the MS, bad cabling, etc. and further troubleshooting can be done to help narrow it down.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MacuserJim
A model citizen

When you say you tried resetting both, I assume you mean the problem MR and the MS that it is connected to? One thing you could try is physically swapping the problem MR with a working MR. If the problem MR continues to be the issue, then you might just need support to RMA it. If the other MR becomes the problem MR then it would point to an issue in the connection, maybe port config issue on the MS, bad cabling, etc. and further troubleshooting can be done to help narrow it down.

So i got one access point to work by moving it over to another network with another switch and it recieved an ip address, and when i moved it back to the original position and the same switch port it worked fine like the other ap's. I did the same with the other AP but that's not working. i think i will try to contact Meraki support and see if they have any idea what is happening.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would open a case with Meraki support.  It sounds like those MR33's are sick.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels