MR33 DNS error

lavoiea01
Comes here often

MR33 DNS error

I'm having an issued,  on my MR33 I can get v4 IP from DHCP on vlan1 (Native) and dashboard say DHCP error on vlan1 and my cell phone say could not get IP and then no connection i have 98% Free address and I reboot more then one time too. Firmware 25.9.

Any solution?

Thanks

StarFX
9 REPLIES 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you unplug the access point and plug your notebook into the same cable does your machine get an IP address and can it access the Internet?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

A screenshot of that AP with the error in dashboard may also help us give you some advice.  But @PhilipDAth suggestion is a good place to start. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
lavoiea01
Comes here often

Hi thanks for the quick response,

I made a mistake it not a DNS error it a DHCP error sorry for the confusing. See picture

MR33 Error.jpg

StarFX

@lavoiea01 wrote:

MR33 Error.jpg

If you click on the values in the Failures columns, you can see which devices caused the problem.

Some phones don't handle the splash screen properly so guests may fail to click through (which causes an apparent failure). Other failures can occur when a device is in a marginal location. I found it happened when testing and if the mobile device did not keep up with the AP.

Hopefully, as this feature becomes mainstream, it will filter out the false positives.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

When i click the error it say's ''vlan1, DNS Error'', and i do not see the error

StarFX

@lavoiea01

If you click on the value showing under DHCP failures (5/5), the panel showing the details of the failures will drop down.

tag0.jpg

In the above case, all the DHCP failures are caused by devices attempting to access the Guest network who do not click the splash through (just legal disclaimer). Depending on the device they are treated as either an untagged DHCP failure or a guest VLAN  DHCP failure. They are not actual failures.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

I am facing  an issue of DNS configured mismatch in MR33 AP's...please help on it..what could be the issue..

Spoiler
InkedIMG-20180719-WA0011_LI.jpgCapture.PNG

Can you show us your LAN settings on the AP?

Hi @Prafull_Koli

The error you get at the top left refers to a problem with the DNS configured on the MR33, so it's related to its LAN configuration. 

The DNS failure you have highlighted refers instead to the clients.

As you are experiencing problems on both, I would consider investigating the DNS first, make sure it's reachable and the DNS service is running.

Giacomo

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels