Does anyone know where crc errors can come from. the cable has already been replaced. The access point has also been replaced.
Solved! Go to Solution.
the port configuration is the following:
|Description||Trunk port using native VLAN 1; allowed VLANs: all|
|Link negotiation||Auto negotiate (1 Gbps)|
|Port mirroring||Not mirroring traffic|
I have already tried all ports
Do you have a different switch available? - Try the cable and AP in another switch and see if CRC's are still reported - Could be a faulty switch.
update from meraki case team:
"The issue you are experiencing with your MR33 is a documented issue that our engineers are currently taking a look at."
I can't help you, but how do you view packet stats on an MR AP ? I cannot see this in any menu. I running 24.8 (latest stable production), is this in newer beta versions?
I am seeing the same issues on the network of a client.
At the moment it's fine again without changing anything. I'll log a support case as well with Meraki.
I'de say keep this topic up to date with any feedback you get from the support team.
I checked the firmware releases and even in Beta I don't see any fixes for this issue.
I’m seeing this issue also, with an MR33 on a Meraki MS220-24P switch. I was running 24.7, that’s when I noticed the issues show, then dropped to 24.6, still showing the same issue. The APs are now on 24.11 Stable, and showing the same issue. The MS220-24P is running 9.30 Stable, I’ll be testing with downgrading that later today to see if the issue is still shown.
But as right now, running “Stable” code and seeing the issue, once again makes me wonder what testing is actually done on the Meraki side??
Update: MR33 is being replaced. Moved AP code back to 25.7 and put in an MR32(as a temp in place of the 33). As of right now, odd that the AP suddenly “died”. However, 32 is not showing any issues as the 33. I have another site with a 33, will test at that location for similiar issues and post a reply.
I have a new CNMA stack here in my Lab and since it has been installed I am seeing too many CRC errors between the switch and the MR33. Can I get confirmation of this new firmware it is reporting current.
I have replaced all the cables and switch ports so I am at a loss.
Firmware 25.8 for MR includes a fix in relation to CRC errors. If you look in the Bug fixes section of the 25.8 Release Notes (you have seen the Release Notes now available through Organization > Firmware upgrades, right? If not - go take a look, there's loads of good stuff there!):
"Ethernet phy configuration issue caused CRCs on upstream switch ports (MR33/MR30H/MR74)"
Note, however, that CRC errors do occur on wired links, regardless of this fix - maybe due to a faulty patch lead or other wiring related issue. The best advice would be to review the Release Notes and consider moving to a release with this fix (25.9 would currently be best). Hopefully you see CRC errors greatly reduced but, if you're still seeing them, then commence troubleshooting your connection in the usual way. If it's a Meraki MS switch your MR33 is connected to, probably worth starting with a cable test on the port in question.
On me, this problem doesn't only happen to my MR but also to the other devices which connected to my MS such as network printer, and D-Link switch. I use MR-16 & MR-12 with MS-22 & MS-42P. I have tried to change the cable as a sample, but I get the same result. My MR has up-to-date firmware version. So, do I need to try to upgrade the MR firmware to 25.8 or higher?
I thank you for your concept is really good. I also trouble with the same problem your concept is really helpful. I share one more error information that can come when I upgrading my operating system into window 10. My hp printer is enabled to detect any command that can be given by me. We visit this printer is in an error state link.
Support replaced our AP — same issue with the replacement. Then shortly after a firmware update was released addressing the issue. Also, we do not use any “Release Candidate” firmware now, and are slow to adopt “Stable”. If you downgrade the firmware and the issue goes away, something bad in the firmware.
I treally found your post interesting and replies out there. Your post has really helped me to clear my doubts. This post remind me the issue I had with my extender setup. Then somehow I visit https://wifiextassist.com/netgear-n300-wifi-range-extender-setup/ blog and then I got all answers of my probems.