MR33 AP won't obtain DHCP lease from correct VLAN

Solved
cburtbcit
Here to help

MR33 AP won't obtain DHCP lease from correct VLAN

We've recently deployed several MR33 APs. We did some pretty extensive testing beforehand, so we were confident that all we had to do was connect them to a trunk port, and then specify the management VLAN in the settings for each AP. My trouble is that the last three APs I deployed, despite connecting them to our switches the same was as the previous three, will not get a DHCP lease from the AP management VLAN. I continue to get the error message that the AP is getting its IP from VLAN 0 instead of the configured VLAN 1. This message doesn't make much sense because I *did not set* the VLAN to 1, I set it VLAN 610. Anyone else run into this?

1 Accepted Solution
cburtbcit
Here to help

TL;DR Be sure you've got trunking enabled on the switch!

It appears as though I solved my own problem! The switch ports were *not* configured as trunks as I had thought. When clearing the configuration of the interfaces, I had run the appropriate "switchport mode trunk" command but somehow, it didn't stick. As a result, none of the VLAN tagging was working. Hence the error message in my original post. Effectively, the "trunks" were configured as access ports on VLAN 1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
cburtbcit
Here to help

TL;DR Be sure you've got trunking enabled on the switch!

It appears as though I solved my own problem! The switch ports were *not* configured as trunks as I had thought. When clearing the configuration of the interfaces, I had run the appropriate "switchport mode trunk" command but somehow, it didn't stick. As a result, none of the VLAN tagging was working. Hence the error message in my original post. Effectively, the "trunks" were configured as access ports on VLAN 1.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels