MR32 Can't Configure to Meraki Cloud Dashboard

mediel101
Here to help

MR32 Can't Configure to Meraki Cloud Dashboard

After factory reset of MR32, the device now can't configure to dashboard. I put static IP to MR32 using "meraki scanning" default SSID of MR 32 and now connected to internet and can provide internet to users but unreachable to dashboard that's why I can't configure it to meraki cloud.

15 REPLIES 15
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Please see image below if this what you mean. Thanks
mr32.JPG

Does the serial number on the access point definitely match what you have in the Dashboard?

Yes sir.

Try removing the AP from the network and re-adding it.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I've tried it already but still comes back the old AP configuration to meraki dashboard.

I'm wondering if you have a difference with the IP information for management on the AP that may be causing issues. Have you set a static IP on the AP for cloud communication? How's the management IP of the AP set in dashboard?

Yes, I already set a static IP for cloud communication through 10.128.128.128. But on AP dashboard, it automatically show the old IP configuration even you remove it and add again.

If you're setting the static IP on the AP, try removing the configuration of the management settings via the dashboard. 

Hey @mediel101,

Can you confirm that the MAC address listed on the local status page matches the MAC address listed on Dashboard?

Yes sir, it's the same MAC Address.

We had the same issue with one of our APs initially. We set it back to just DHCP in the dashboard after a reset. This way it showed up and then we reconfigured it with a static and VLAN info. Once it shows up with a DHCP address make sure you note all the info it has in the dashboard. Maybe you misconfigured the VLAN, gateway or something else.

T Roberts
A+, Network+, MCP, Dell and CMNO

I tried it already but when you configure it to static via dashboard, it backs to the old static config.

Connected to local status page and can provide internet access to the users but unreachable to the dashboard.

Thank you Ma'am/Sirs for sharing your ideas. But eventually Cisco support engineer identifies the problem and now making steps for RMA to replace our MR32 device. Thank you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels