MR30H vs MR33 coverage and number of clients.

rrocha
Getting noticed

MR30H vs MR33 coverage and number of clients.

Friends, I wish do know if I can place a MR30H across indoor across a  hospital like if they are a MR33, based on the compare page, they have the same technology.

Both of them are omnidirectional and the dbm are close enough from each other...

How about the real coverage and hardware for handle clients ?

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MR33 will be better.

The MR30H is intended to be used inside of rooms to provide coverage to just that room (like in a Hotel situation).

Hi Philip thank you for your answer.

I didn't find and technical specs that point for what you are saying.

I want to know about the real world and the technical aspect for both the APs.

They have different wireless hardware that will give me relevant different coverage(what about the MiliWatts or the EIRPs) and for different support numbers of clients devices( is there a hardwaore or software limitation?, will be clients be dropped if a certain number be achieved, they have different memory so the tables(ARP or IP) will be impacted ) ?

I'm assuming the Wireless hardware will be very similar in both units, but you must remember that the MR30H has a switch built into it, which will ultimately consume CPU and hardware resources.

It also has to load the Meraki Configuration for the switch onto the RAM.

If you do not need the switching capabilities of the MR30, choosing the MR33 will ultimately be the best option for wireless clients.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels