MR30H question on best way to set up Ethernet ports

SOLVED
Mkozicki
Getting noticed

MR30H question on best way to set up Ethernet ports

I am playing around with a MR30H and I still have not figured out the best way to configure the Ethernet ports.

I would like these ports to just be open access so that anyone can plug in to one and be on the network. 

I did make an open access SSID and assigned it to those ports and that works for people to just plug in and go.

Problem is that the SSID also shows on the wireless as an open SSID and we don't want that.  I did turn off broadcast of the SSID but it is still assigned and active on the wireless from what I can tell so this is also not what we want.

Is there a better way to set this up so that I can assign the ports to an open SSID but then not assign that SSID to the wireless radio or something along that line?

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

This page in the documentation seems to cover your requirements

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

This page in the documentation seems to cover your requirements

Thanks so much.  That was sort of non-intuitive way of doing it but setting the SSID to disabled did what I needed.

The wired only option did not show till after I assigned the ports to the port profile so I did not see it when I 1st set up the SSID.

Thanks

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.

I'm interested in those units because they seem a great option for kids rooms (and sleep-overs).

I put one at my house in the living room.  It worked out great because it covers the 1st floor of our condo and I put it next to the TV so that I could plug in the TV, PS4, XBOX and Roku without having to have another switch or run that many Ethernet ports up to wall plate.  It mounts on the wall great and all I did was put a standard network cutout box in the drywall 1st.

The boxes I use are like these.

http://a.co/0midbHg

These are also a full AP not a stand alone like the MX and Z1 have in them.

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.

Fortunately they fit in standard UK and European single gang wall boxes as well
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels