MR30H not getting out

techspectrum
Just browsing

MR30H not getting out

Testing out a meraki wap at one of our sites (looking to replace a bunch of airpot extremes). So we attempted to get this one wap setup and had no luck (spoke to support and there stumped). The wap doesnt get out to connect to the meraki cloud. We tried at the site that has optimum online, connecting directly to the modem, no go. We then brought the wap back to our office where we have FIOS, no go on that also; lights just keep blinking on the unit, support says they do not see it getting out, etc. 

15 REPLIES 15
Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

Have you checked the firewall settings to see if it's getting blocked somewhere?

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Yes checked that.. What port scanner website do you use. Meraki support says those are not that accurate wondering which ones others use.. 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

If you are connecting it straight to a modem via DHCP that should eliminate a lot of potential firewall issues.  One thing worth double checking is that the WAP you are looking at in the dashboard and the one you have in hand have the same serial number.  Sounds stupid but I've had that issue before thinking a WAP wasn't getting online lol.  Anyways your next step may be to try a hard reset on the WAP.  If that still doesn't work then I'd think Meraki should try doing a RMA for that device.  Could be DOA. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

I had a couple of MR33 APs recently that took FOREVER to update and show up in the dashboard. One I reset multiple times trying to resolve the issue. I ended up leaving them plugged in and connected for probably 45 minutes - an hour and a half with the light blinking (blinking blue means it's updating configuration/firmware?) and they finally rebooted, adopted, and showed up in dashboard. Haven't had any issues with them since. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

currently we have it plugged in at our office since 2pm yesterday and still same issue. 

@techspectrum

In your dashboard configuration settings for that AP, you have it set to DHCP. Are you specifying a VLAN there by chance? 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

new account etc.. did you want log on info to take a peak.. Meraki support has no clue which is crazy.

looks like ports are disabled and cannot re enable
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I think he said that he connected it straight to one of the ports on his modem which eliminates potential switch port and other stack issues. Like I said earlier, if you can connect a computer to the port on your modem and get DHCP and get to the internet without modem/firewall restrictions then you should be able to hook the AP to the same port and it'll check in.  Only thing that occurred to me is the AP lighting up?  Your going to need a POE port or external power injector.  Otherwise the only other things to verify are the dashboard and device serial number to make sure your looking at the right device.  Then otherwise try a full reset. https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...)

Adam im with you and yes thats how it is. I also have a promo mr 33 that was never used and just tried and same issue with that. Yes, its getting power via an injector, etc etc. Support has gone missing so not sure if I should just return this.. hmm

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Did you try the hard reset on it via the link above?   And are you saying you've had the same issue with both an MR30H and an MR33 getting them connected to the dashboard?  Maybe an issue with the poe injector.  Maybe try connecting it to your home network.  

yep reset per link nothing. just see amber light steady blinking.. using a cisco injector.. changed the patch cables same issue.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Call support and ask for an RMA. They're always available on the phone. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

FIXED & thank you to everyone for you input.. So its was the patch cable, used 3 different patch cables that I know work then decided to try a 4th and it worked, who knows but its working. 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Wow that is very strange.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels