MR30H: The wifi works but connecting any devices to the ethernet ports doesn't get a connection-WHY?

DonB
Comes here often

MR30H: The wifi works but connecting any devices to the ethernet ports doesn't get a connection-WHY?

Hey all, 

This may be very basic at this point, but I'm trying to understand why I cannot get an ethernet connection on MR30H but I do get WiFi.

So I'm using the device as both an AP and a Switch, and the AP wireless connections are fine but not getting any connection on ethernet.

I figure its a port issue and read this guide (https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/Port_Profiles) but still cannot resolve it.

What am I missing here PLEASE, I'm sure it's something basic but is it as simple as just changing these ports, as I have tried the below;

The 4 ethernet port profiles set to disabled wired only but it does not work 

Thank you in advance to anyone helping my dumbass 

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have o tried a factory reset? Have you checked all switch port configurations (Trunk port, access port, etc.)?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DonB
Comes here often

hey, yes I have checked these as well, couldn't find anything wrong

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Just to double check the port profile is configured and applied to the AP? The AP starts out not bound to any port profile. So, config is two steps - configure port profile, then binding AP(s) to the profile.

DonB
Comes here often

Hey Ryan, 

Yes, 

DonB_0-1672333443681.pngDonB_1-1672334516632.png

Also for the two devices I have plugged in ports 2 and 4, it's got green ports 

DonB_2-1672334640971.png

If you want to PM me your dashboard link I can take a look

Jim_Liang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It looks to me that you didn't assign the port profile to the AP.

Please check the below picture, select the profile you've created, and make sure it is assigned to your AP.

Jim_Liang_0-1672368891945.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels