MR20 don't work

akrammeraki
Getting noticed

MR20 don't work

Hello all ,

I  have a problem with cisco meraki MR20  don't turning on in the dashboard  , i had put the ip address , mask , gateway and dns , 

but it don't be connected in the internet , it show me blinking orange led .

Could you help me please !

Best regards

18 REPLIES 18
Roska
A model citizen

Check this rule I think its still deny by default: Wireless->configure->firewall & traffic shaping

Thank you for your reply , but the problem in my status of AP it show me not up 

So your ap is not communicating with Meraki cloud at all? What´s upstream and what is your ap mode?

your ap is not communicating with Meraki cloud at all? yes

What´s upstream and what is your ap mode? Bridged mode 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the AP plugged into, a basic router or a proper firewall.  If the latter, have you made sure that it is allowed to communicate with the Meraki cloud servers by setting rules to allow the traffic?

thank you for your reply , the AP is connected directly a switch .

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@akrammeraki please mention who you are replying to by using the @ sign.  I think I worked them out but what I'm asking is not what it is directly attached to, but what is between it and the internet.

i.e. MR20 AP -> MS120 switch -> MX64 firewall -> BT broadband router -> internet

If the laptop works then it looks like one of the below:

• DHCP not configured properly, though if laptop worked and was using DHCP for IP and DNS then probably not this.
  • Firewall rule blocking access to Meraki cloud servers, either on your site or with ISP
  • AP has got confused and needs a factory reset
  • Faulty AP

@cmr  thank you for your return ,

I share with you the diagram what it connected , AP MR20 ---- switch HP ------FW-----ADSL

Our client don't use DHCP , he use just static IP for all network.

the static  IP adress   is configured on the AP MR20 : 

akrammeraki_0-1595864362568.png

We don't have any rules blocked the AP meraki MR20 on firewall.

we can't do ping with this ip address : 192.168.100.144

do you have any method to test this AP meraki.

Best regards

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@akrammeraki if you have no DHCP, how have you given the AP an IP address, did you connect to the local page using the default IP (if one exists), or have you simply configured it from the cloud.  Every MR I have set up I have given the initial IP via DHCP and then (sometimes) set it to static, though these days I set them all as DHCP.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I see you can set it if you have no DHCP by going to the IP address below

Using a web browser on the client machine, access the AP’s built-in web server by browsing to http://my.meraki.com. Alternatively, browse to http://10.128.128.128.

@cmr  thank you for your reply,

can i connect my PC directy to AP MR20 ( PC------MR20)

and give adress ip to my PC  include this network 10.128.128.0/24 for access in this browser http://10.128.128.128

????

Best regards

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@akrammeraki if the AP is connected to a switch and your PC is on the same VLAN (you may only have one) then set your PC IP to 10.128.128.129 and try to access https://10.128.128.128  Initial password is the serial number from memory

@cmr what is the mask ip adress? and the username in blank ?

after can i enter in the configuration page  and put this ip  address  192.168.100.144 , gateway 192.168.1.99 :   and DNS : 8.8.8.8.d

??

Best regards 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@akrammeraki once logged in, yes you can program as suggested.  For the initial access pretty much any subnet mask will work as you are only 1 address different but normally you would use 255.255.255.0

You might need to be on the wireless side, does the AP broadcast a Meraki setup SSID?  If it does then connect to that and the IP address would be 10.128.128.126

The serial number is used in the username field and you leave the password blank, sorry my mistake (blame bad memory)

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you configure a notebook with the same IP configuration as the AP and plug it into the same port can it access the Internet?

Thank you for your reply , i had try it , it worked  fine .

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you claimed the AP into your Meraki organisation and added it to a network?

yes already done

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels