MR18 Registered to a cloud account i dont know which

GenFH
New here

MR18 Registered to a cloud account i dont know which

We are trying to add this device to a cloud account we currently have, but the previous tech registered this device to another cloud account which we cannot find the account for. How do we reset or remove it from what they had registered it to properly place it in the correct and current Cloud Management account. 

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You probably can't.

If you have access to their email address, do a password reset and log into the Dashboard as them an unclaim the MR18 and then claim it in your Organisation.  You'll have to open a case with support to move the licence.

If you don't have access to the account used to log in, or rights to the existing Organisation, then you can't do anything.

This device was registered before i was hired. We have an invoice proving that this device is ours, but i do not know what email account he used to register this device as the tech that registered it is no longer with the company. I have tried getting a reset email or for any aliases he could have used to no luck. Not sure if Cisco could remove it from there end with an invoice. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You won't be and to get control of the device back. 

It is probably better to replace the device with something current like an MR33 - which is substantially better.  This will be the cheapest of the reasonable options to you. 

Check the previous techs mailbox for meraki emails, if they made it on their work address then you can send the password reset email to their work email address and get into it that way. (Assuming they didn't use a personal email).

I've never tried going the "evidence of ownership" route with meraki support, your mileage may vary with that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels