MR access points keep losing connectivity for a minute or less

MP-AKIS
Just browsing

MR access points keep losing connectivity for a minute or less

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with APs losing connectivity often for a minute or less happening with all APs. I am clueless what is causing this and APs are on Cisco 3850 series switch with port are on trunk. I observed this since last week. I been bombarded with complaints with wifi connectivity issue. Any idea what would be the cause or a workaround. 

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

any logging on the catalyst and dashboard?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can have clients loose connectivity and APs loose connectivity.

What is telling you that the APs are loosing connectivity?  Can you see that in the dashboard?  Anything interesting in the event log?  If you hold your mouse over the "red bar" does it say what causes the outage?

If this is only started happening in the last week - what changed a week ago?

I have heard of an LLDP bug affecting Cisco Enterprise APs, but not Meraki APs.  Do you have LLDP enabled on the 3850 ports (can you do a "show lldp ne" and get a result)?   If so, try an experiment and disable LLDP on AP ports.

Thanks for the suggestion I will try disabling the lldp on ap ports and see if this helps. 

Event logs show nothing and since the disconnection is a minute or less sometimes and when looked at that particular time event it is nothing there. I will try doing a packet capture again. 

The only change that happend is extending the DHCP scope from /22 to /21 for clients and APs have reserved DHCP IP. Clients and APs are in same subnet and vlan. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels